5 Simple Ways to Relieve Dry Mouth
Nearly 1 in 4 adults suffer from dry mouth which is an aliment that is not only uncomfortable to deal with, but can also lead to serious dental issues. Not to worry, there are simple ways to relieve dry mouth:
- Limit items that inhibit your salivary production: alcohol, mouthwashes that contain alcohol, caffeine, sugar, smoking tobacco, over-the-counter decongestants and antihistamines are all items that will lower the amount of natural saliva your mouth produces.
- Add moisture to your life: drink more water and add a humidifier to your bedroom and home.
- Use Lubricity: an easy-to-use oral spray that can relieve dry mouth for up to 4 hours. Tasteless, odorless and free of alcohol, gluten and sugar. Link to shop.
- Essential oils: both peppermint and clove oils have the power to stimulate salivation and can be added to toothpastes or dry-mouth-friendly mouthwashes for a simple, natural solution.
- Dental health: brush with a fluoride toothpaste, use a fluoride rinse, and visit your dentist regularly.